Updated Oct 2015
The Dansant.co.uk (referred to as “the Website/Website”) website is brand based website created operated by Bonjour De France Limited ("Bonjour De France /we/our/us"), a company incorporated in England (Company Number 09364976) with registered address at
Bonjour De France Ltd
Kemp House, 152-160 City Road
Bonjour De France focuses on wedding dress design, retail, and wedding dress ecommerce (See "About Us").
The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Bonjour De France on this Website and/or using the website generally you consent and agree to this use by us.
The website does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Use your personal information
1. When you register and/or use this site:
- Some of our services will require further details, for example, which will require further information to set up and maintain those services.
- to register you with our Website and to manage any account you hold with us
- to give to companies and organisations whose products we provide to you e.g. product, home and financial
- to fulfil our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment
- to analyse and profile your shopping preferences (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us (i) to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the website and (ii) to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme
- to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- to facilitate your transaction and browsing experience with us.
- we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have
- we may keep you informed of such products and services (including products and services of other companies and organisations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions, warranties, insurance and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
- Telephone (including automated calls)
- SMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
- or otherwise
2. We may use information you give us or we obtain...
- If you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you either from us or carefully chosen third parties, please select the opt-out option as appropriate.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties. In particular we will carry out searches with credit reference agencies
- We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through the website.
- We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Without limitation to the foregoing we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including but not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of your information
We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations , who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to other companies in the Group
- to employees and agents of the Group and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the future
- agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs
- to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
We refer in paragraph 4 of Use of Your Personal Information above to the fact that we may carry out credit reference agency searches to obtain information about you. These agencies record those searches. In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also share information about you and the conduct of your account with credit reference agencies, other lenders and relevant third parties including our legal advisors and debt recovery agencies.
In carrying out the activities specified in this policy, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation you should be aware that countries outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.